A&B Edition: Am I The Asshole?

This week the girls take aim at AITA... 


We knew about this thread on Reddit but, don’t really understand how it works so we mostly just catch the highlights when they make the news or Buzzfeed or Facebook. When we researched this topic we were pleasantly surprised by what we found. We now think more people need to get around this. Fuck off we know we're late to the party. 

But first, what were we drinking?

Amy was drinking R Paulazzo pinot grigio

Available from Naked wines

Bianca was drinking Cape Shank Pinot Noir

Available from T'Gallant

Amy had 2 AITA for us this week... Comment below your thoughts!

1. I recently got a new coworker at my job who seems to be a bit of a problem starter. He argues with management and does not follow direction. He’s been here for about a month and has already gotten in trouble multiple times but he has yet to get written up.

The main issue I have with him is his lack of boundaries. He always tries to get me to stop what I’m doing to help him with something and will insinuate that it’s my fault if there is ever an issue with his work because he wasn’t trained. I trained him briefly and it seems like he understood but he is having issues now and won’t go to management about it unless I don’t have the time to help him. He also always sits at the desk I share with my coworker, even though he has his own. He always offers to go sit at his desk but then gets upset if I actually take him up on it.

The other day he said that I could sit there and I told him that I did have some work to do so I would need to use my computer, and he condescendingly offered it up and seemed surprised that I actually had something to do. I told him that he shouldn’t offer and then get upset when someone actually took him up on it. Because it was my desk, I had the right to want to sit there to do my work, and he had a perfectly good task that he didn’t like to sit at for whatever reason. I told him that maybe we should just stick to sitting at our own assigned spaces because he wouldn’t like it if I sat at his desk. He got mad and told my manager that I was strong arming him, which is not true because I was pretty polite about it. He ended up getting written up for being disrespectful of the space.

I’m glad that I was civil with him but I feel bad that he got written up. It’s not like I asked them to do that and I think it was about time that he got disciplined for something, but I don’t know if that was the right situation. Lots of my coworkers think that I was in the right for standing my ground and claiming my rightful space, but I feel guilty that he got in trouble for it. I thought the discussion would be fine.

2. This happened last week, I told my F26, husband M31, I was planning on having a girls night in at home and he initially was like "No not here...get a hotel or something" I said I couldn't afford a hotel + no need for a hotel. He asked if he could join us if he's going to allow it, but I said no, this isn't how GNIs work. He eventually agreed to let me have it and even said he'd go out so my friends could be comfortable.

I invited the girls over and most of them had a lot of heavy venting to do, at some point things got a bit emotionally charged and there was crying, lots of it. After that we brought in the food and drinks, When I went to turn the TV on, I spotted a small device tucked on the side, I took a look and found that it was actually a voice recording device, I was in disbelief, I knew my husband put it in there to listen to our private talk which felt highly violating.

I didn't hide it from the girls, I showed them the device, called my husband to get him to get home and confronted him right there in front of the girls. The girls were shocked and my husband denied after I flipped out and called him out, then said he was feeling curious to know about what we were talking about and wanted to make sure we weren't "trash" talking him specifically. The event was cut short and the girls left.

I kept lashing out at him for ruining the night and possibly my relationship and trust with my friends, I said that not only did he violate my privacy but my friends' as well. because they were talking about very personal stuff, He argued that it was no big deal, That I should've let him join us if we "had nothing to hide" and that this was ON THEM for opening up about private matters to begin with. He went on to talk about how I humiliated him to call him out in front of my friends, I told him they deserved to know who he really is after what he's done. We argued some more and he went out again.

We're in conflict till today and I feel like I made a mistake calling him out like that aside from how I felt about it. He claims that my friends will no longer respect him after that.


Bianca also had 2 AITA for us this week... Comment below your thoughts!

1. AITA for making my children pay for their own portion of our family vacation?

We have been planning on going on vacation to cuba for the Christmas holidays for a week. It’s pretty pricey during the Christmas holidays but that’s the only time we can all go. We have three children 20F, 15M, and 12F who we are making them pay for their own ticket and part of the hotel since we wouldn’t be financially stable enough to pay for 5 plane tickets and such.

My 12 year old daughter has been complaining that since the other two have jobs and she doesn’t that it’s not fair. However we’ve decided to stick firm with it and be equal to them all. Their other option if they don’t want to pay is staying at grandmas. She has savings which are just enough to cover the vacation but she also wants to save up for a phone. My other two children aren’t happy that they have to pay for their own but they are willing to since we’d be going to Cuba.

AITA for making them pay? I feel like most families don’t make their children pay for their own tickets but since we all really want to go my wife and I think it’s the best option.

Edit: my 12 year old daughter (almost 13) is going to grade eight and she has worked at our business a couple times for me which i would pay her.

2. AITA for telling my extended family how many men (roughly) my sister has slept with after she outed our youngest brother as a virgin?

We had a family dinner this evening. My family has four kids in total: me, my elder sister (29F), younger sister (24F) and youngest brother (22M).

Extended family attended our family dinner. So all of our significant others, our cousins, aunts and uncles etc. During the dinner my elder sister and youngest brother got into a mild disagreement. My sister seemed (at least to me) to be coming across as very aggressive out of frustration and losing said argument. The two of them were too absorbed in their argument to realise the rest of us were getting a bit fed up.

Eventually my sister got really fed up and said “Shut up, I’m not going to argue with a 22 year old virgin.” My brother hadn’t done any personal attacks up until that point, it was completely unprovoked. I think it might have been the alcohol as my sister is a mean drunk.

Anyway, I immediately told my sister to grow up and that she was making an embarrassment of herself. She replied by saying everyone knows he’s a virgin and she didn’t say anything wrong. This annoyed me as my bro definitely has confidence issues and doesn’t need to be made fun of like this.

So I responded by saying how she slept with well over a hundred men while she was in college, and that since everyone in the family knows this it’s not a big deal right? Turns out her husband didn’t know this amazingly, I genuinely assumed he must have known. he left the party angrily saying my sister mislead him about her past.

Family is blaming me for their marital problems. I refuse to accept I did anything wrong. My sister bullied my brother in front of everyone, all I did was give her a taste of her own medicine.

HELP KEEP US HYDRATED
AKA Karma Points

Amy was drinking 



Round 43 - Interview with Jeff Deskovic